Studenttimes Staffing Solutions Inc. is a professional recruitment company. Beyond offering recruitment services and placements, we are driven to establish a long-term relationship with job seekers and companies throughout the GTA.
Studenttimes Staffing Solutions Inc. has established itself as a niche recruitment firm specializing in Information Technology, Supply Chain & Logistics, Industrial & Skilled Trades, Clerical & Administration, Finance & Accounting and Sales & Marketing for all levels within an organization from senior to administrative.
Currently, we are looking for associates who have at least 1 year of Construction experience.
Day Shift:- Monday to Friday
Location: North Service Road and Green Road, Stoney Creek
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Laborer must be willing and able to work construction hours (7:00 am – 4:30 pm Mon-Thurs, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm Fridays, occasional evenings, Saturday and statutory holidays) as business dictates
- Follow company procedures to both their letter and intent
- Develop, implement and update procedures relating to the duties of the department, to promote communications and adequate information flow
- Comply with all required standards including government regulations, Health & Safety standards, procedures, area work instructions, departmental policies and practices, and quality standards
- Load and unload construction materials, machinery and tools, distribute them to the appropriate locations according to project plans and specifications
- Clean and prepare work site
- Shovel or rake aggregate, mix, pour and spread concrete. Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds or powered cement finishing tools
- Construct walls, framing and trusses as instructed
- Operate various wood-working tools as required
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials, while ensuring the safety of the team
- Operate pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment
- Lubricate, clean, maintain and repair equipment and tools as required
- Operated, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices when working in confined spaces and/or hazardous environments
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work site to eliminate possible hazards. Advise the supervisor immediately of any hazards
- Complete accurate and timely records for all labour hours and work orders.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 1-3 years experience in the new homes industry
- Able to lift 50lbs
- Valid driver’s license
- WHMIS certificate
- Working at Heights training certificate
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and safe work practices
- Experience operating construction loading/off-loading equipment.